As a homeowner, you have valuables and assets you would like to protect. When looking for the ultimate protection, consider purchasing a residential safe. Residential safes can keep a variety of items safe, from hunting equipment to valuable family heirlooms. By understanding the different types of residential safes, you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
How to Choose the Right Type of Safe
Before choosing the right residential safe, it is important to ask yourself a few questions. Do you need a safe to protect jewelry or cash? Do you need a residential safe to keep firearms out of the reach of children? Do you need to protect valuable deeds, trusts, and documents from fire or water damage?
If you are uncertain about which safe will best suit your home ask our locksmith for a safe suggestion. Our team can help you evaluate your needs so that you buy the one that is best suited for you. Once you purchase a residential safe, your locksmith company will be able to service this safe for years to come. You can rest assured knowing that your valuables will not be damaged or stolen.
Different Types of Residential Safes
In general, there are four main types of residential safes you can purchase for your home.
- Fire Resistant Safes. These safes are best for protecting valuable documents from simple fire damage. These safes provide basic protection from those disasters but are not very secure. These types of safes are only fire-resistant. This means that major fires will still destroy the documents inside. If you need a fireproof safe, consider a burglary safe instead.
- Burglary Safes. This type of safe is more secure due to its steel construction. These safes are heavier and often concealed to help deter burglaries. Many of these safes are fireproof, so they will better withstand major fires. Check the fire rating on the safe you purchase for more information. There are two main types of burglary safes: standalone safes and wall safes.
- Standalone Home Safes. These types of safes are almost always made of steel and often fitted with different types of locks. They are often mounted to a floor or surface to prevent someone from stealing them and their valuables. They are usually fireproof and provide an additional extra layer of protection and security.
- Wall Safes. These types of safes are perfect for hiding important documents, cash, and valuables in the home. They are often hidden and concealed to provide an additional layer of protection. They are typically connected to the studs, making them difficult to move.
- Gun Safes. These types of residential safes are designed specifically to house firearms. Keeping firearms and other weapons out of the hands of children is a high priority for many families. You can find the right gun safe for your needs, they come in a variety of sizes to accommodate any firearm collection.
- Jewelry Safes. When protecting valuable jewelry, homeowners should consider buying a jewelry safe. These safes often have delicate interiors with drawers to house precious gems. Their outside is tough, however. They are made of steel and often fitted with advanced technological locks.
Choosing a residential safe is not easy. Yet, with the help of an experienced safe locksmith, you can find the one that is best suited for you and your family. A professional safe locksmith knows everything there is to know about residential safes. They use this knowledge to help you evaluate your needs both now and in the future. This way, you purchase a safe that will grow with you as your life changes.
Contact Our Safe Locksmith in Redwood City Today
If you are searching for a residential safe, we can help. Our locksmiths in Redwood City have extensive experience helping clients across the Peninsula choose the right safe for their most precious items. Our skilled professional locksmiths are available at our Redwood City location for all of your safe buying needs. For help with a residential safe or any other security issue, call us at (650) 379-6939 or fill out our confidential contact form for more information.