If you get locked out of your car, it may seem like a good idea to wait for a mobile locksmith by sitting near your vehicle. This is not always true. It can actually attract criminals and others who may want to harm you. In fact, carjacking is on the rise in Palo Alto and across the Bay Area. Getting locked out of your car can put you in an even more vulnerable situation. As such, it is important to follow some safety tips when waiting on a mobile locksmith to arrive.
7 Safety Tips While Waiting for a Mobile Locksmith
- Contact a mobile locksmith immediately. You need a locksmith that can come to you 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Phone a friend. If you have a mobile phone, contact friends and family members and let them know where you are.
- Never try to break into your own car. This can attract criminals and others to your situation.
- Stay in a well-lit area. If you must stay outside, consider standing at the front of a store or business where there is light and more public traffic.
- Go inside a public place. The best way to stay safe is to go inside a public place nearby. A 24-hour gas station or diner is a good solution when you get locked out of your car in the middle of the night.
- Do not look vulnerable and alone. Even if you are near your vehicle and waiting, it is important to make yourself look less vulnerable. Criminals will notice if you seem uneasy and alone. This makes you an easy target for them. Instead, get on your phone and keep someone with you at all times if you can. If no one is available, try to look busy.
- Leave your vehicle. If you are in a bad part of town, or you feel afraid, leave your vehicle and have a friend or family member pick you up. You can also call an Uber or a Lyft. The mobile locksmith can let you know when they arrive at your vehicle, so you can return.
Contact Our Palo Alto Locksmiths
Your safety is the only thing that matters. When you get locked out of your car or home, you may not feel safe where you are. That’s why it’s crucial to have a reliable company that can respond to you 24/7.
We’ve been in business since 1994, we’re fully licensed and bonded, and our management team boasts more than 50 years of combined experience. We are available 24 hours a day. Give us a call today at (650) 955-4662 to get started.