Here at Lockworks Unlimited, Inc. we believe a home is not secure until it is safe. This is especially true during these tough times. As many of us try to keep our homes safe from coronavirus, there are some safety concerns we cannot ignore. This is why our home security experts have gathered these home safety tips to help your family.
How to Stay Safe From the Coronavirus
COVID-19 has affected the entire world by shutting down businesses, causing shortages and forcing people to stay home. Considering the resurgence of infections in our country, many states have paused their reopening plans. In other words, this means taking steps to protect your family is just as important now as it was in March.
Here are a few tips from the American Red Cross to help stay safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Make sure to wash for at least 20 seconds.
- If you have not washed your hands, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice social distancing and stay at least six feet away from other people while in public.
- Keep your mouth and nose covered by a cloth face covering while around other people.
For more tips from the Red Cross, check out their Coronavirus Safety page.
Tips for Keeping Homes Safe
Making our homes safer is even more important since the pandemic has forced us to spend more time in our homes. Here are a few steps that can help you improve the safety of your house:
- Test your smoke detectors, update your fire escape plan and stay in the kitchen while cooking food. These measures will improve the fire safety of your home.
- Test your carbon monoxide alarms.
- Make sure your children cannot reach or access home cleaning products or medicines. Using pantry locks, safety bottles and high shelves will keep dangerous items out of a child’s hands.
- Keep magnets out of the reach of small children and warn older children not to play with them. Powerful magnets can stimulate the tongue or piercing, but if swallowed they can cause lifelong health effects.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has even more home safety tips to help your family. They have lists to keep young children, older children and the elderly safer while at home.
Securing Your Home During COVID-19
As your California emergency locksmith and security experts, your safety is our mission. That’s why we assembled these home safety tips. We hope they have been a help to you and your family.
Remember, home security systems can also add a level of safety to your home. Not only do these systems help ward off burglars, they can also help you keep an eye out on any friends, family, or even deliveries that arrive at your home. Also, many security systems can contact local authorities and emergency services at the touch of a single button.
Our technicians take the extra step to keep your family safe from the threat presented by coronavirus. We also have gone the extra mile to meet all the new state and federal regulations for stemming the spread of COVID-19. At Lockworks Unlimited, Inc. we have the tools to make your home safer. Give us a call at (650) 955-4662 or fill out our online contact form to learn more.