Here at Lockworks Unlimited, Inc. we believe a home is not secure until it is safe. This is especially true during these tough times. As many of us try to keep our homes safe from coronavirus, there are some safety concerns we cannot ignore. This is why our home security experts have gathered these home safety tips to help your family.
How to Stay Safe From the Coronavirus
Here are a few tips from the American Red Cross to help stay safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Make sure to wash for at least 20 seconds.
- If you have not washed your hands, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice social distancing and stay at least six feet away from other people while in public.
- Keep your mouth and nose covered by a cloth face covering while around other people.
For more tips from the Red Cross, check out their Coronavirus Safety page.
Tips for Keeping Homes Safe
- Test your smoke detectors, update your fire escape plan and stay in the kitchen while cooking food. These measures will improve the fire safety of your home.
- Test your carbon monoxide alarms.
- Make sure your children cannot reach or access home cleaning products or medicines. Using pantry locks, safety bottles and high shelves will keep dangerous items out of a child’s hands.
- Keep magnets out of the reach of small children and warn older children not to play with them. Powerful magnets can stimulate the tongue or piercing, but if swallowed they can cause lifelong health effects.
Securing Your Home During COVID-19
As your California emergency locksmith and security experts, your safety is our mission. That’s why we assembled these home safety tips. We hope they have been a help to you and your family.
Remember, home security systems can also add a level of safety to your home. Not only do these systems help ward off burglars, they can also help you keep an eye out on any friends, family, or even deliveries that arrive at your home. Also, many security systems can contact local authorities and emergency services at the touch of a single button.
Our technicians take the extra step to keep your family safe from the threat presented by coronavirus. We also have gone the extra mile to meet all the new state and federal regulations for stemming the spread of COVID-19. At Lockworks Unlimited, Inc. we have the tools to make your home safer. Give us a call at (650) 299-9126 or fill out our online contact form to learn more.